Databases: MySQL, SQLite PostgreSQL, MSSQL Server, Oracle, DB2
Technical Interests: Human-Computer Interaction, Assistive Technology, Machine Learning
May 2009 – Dec 2009
Certificate in Project Management at UW Extension
Project Management Institute-based planning, estimation, and risk analysis.
Sept 2001 – May 2005
B.A., Computer Science at St. Mary’s College; Artificial Intelligence Certificate
Focus: Neural Networks, Usability and Accessibility
Senner, J., et al. (2012, Jan). Automate your Android App Testing .net Magazine 219
Software Development Experience
Software Engineer, Inspiring Apps
(July 2015 – Present)
At Inspiring Apps, we build custom web and mobile solutions for organizations large and small. We’re a Boulder-based custom design and development shop with a passion for crafting great software.
Mobile Developer, Independent Contractor
(Nov 2012 – July 2015)
- Worked with startups and industry leaders to create outstanding and unique mobile experiences for Android and iOS devices.
- Implemented deeply-linked push notifications with Urban Airship, from server to API to user.
- Increased advertising revenue by using multiple-bidder ad-rotation systems.
Mobile Engineer, Sporcle
(Nov 2011 – Nov 2012)
- Developed iOS and Android games for the sharpest trivia company in the world.
- Collected analytics throughout the user experience for deep user research and revenue optimization.
- Focused on revenue from advertising and In-App Purchases.
- Integrated with Facebook and Twitter to enhance fun, stickiness, and social growth.
- Unlocked Achievement: App store featured app, Badly Drawn Faces!
(Sept 2010 – Nov 2011)
- Developed Android, iOS, and mobile web applications.
- Interfaced with customers, managed complex projects, and brought products to market.
- Created an automated cross-platform testing workflow combining stress testing, unit testing, and automated test scripts.
- Developed mobile solutions for Natron Baxter, the New York Public Library, the American Heart Association, and other clients.
- Unlocked Achievement: Android market featured app, Call Your Folks!
Senior Software Developer, DomainTools
(July 2009 – Sept 2010)
- Developed web application software for top-300 Alexa ranked site.
- Introduced project management to streamline development and increase project transparency.
- Complied with market deadlines, worked with other teams to build new features, increased unit test coverage.
- Designed and developed the robust, scalable, billable DomainTools xml/json API.
- Increased functionality and reliability sitewide.
Software Developer, Design Clinicals
(July 2007 – July 2009 )
- Developed and implemented healthcare solutions, in a fast-paced, high-pressure startup environment.
- Guided a 5-person development team to refine processes, create and adhere to security practices, and reduce technical debt.
- Played a critical role on an experienced team, working with analysts and physicians at client medical facilities.
- Scaled web applications to perform reliably with concurrent users, large patient data sets, and high traffic volumes.
- Coded to prevent medication errors and ensure patient safety while making use of high volumes of medical data.
Software Developer, SunGro Horticulture
(July 2006 – July 2007)
- Maintained and extended enterprise applications for production and distribution, customer billing, and product testing.
- Organized and performed design, program development, testing, and documentation of application projects.
- Coordinated and performed tasks with a highly integrated team in order to meet critical target dates for project implementation.
- Designed and developed solutions to replace legacy applications consisting of multiple database architectures and client UIs.
- Interfaced with customers, achieved accurate hourly estimates, and programmed extensively using SQL, RPG, PHP, Perl, and ASP.
AmeriCorps Member, Washington Service Corps
(Sept. 2005 – July 2006)
- Completed an AmeriCorps term of service focusing on empowering diverse populations to achieve technical proficiency.
- Designed and led innovative computer training courses for seniors, ESL students, and at-risk youth.
- Developed and managed creative, efficient solutions to meet the technical needs of several non-profit organizations.
- Obtained professional development in diversity training, leadership techniques, and consensus decision making.
- Recruited and supervised program volunteers, including orientation, training, placement, support, and retention.